Empowered Law, PLLC is a boutique firm focused on digital currencies. We are lawyers and technologists; we work with this technology everyday. We provide legal, training, and consulting services to organizations and individuals who are using digital currencies, building services with digital currencies or asset tokens, layering technologies on top of blockchain based systems, and those connecting with any of these systems. Additionally we work as outside consultants to law firms, helping them bridge the gap between practice and technology, to better serve their clients.
Primary Practice Areas:
- Asset Protection and Estate Planning (limited to digital currencies)
- Decentralized and Distributed Network Governance
- Escrow Services (non-custodial/non-controlling)
- Expert Witness Services
- Mediation and Arbitration Services
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Technology Based Governance Solutions
Training Topics Include:
- Digital currency basics: bitcoin, blockchain, and asset-token technologies
- Digital currency security, audit, and certification
- Discovery, custody and control issues, and strategies for securing digital assets
- Digital currency escrow (without custody or control)
- Alternative dispute resolution for digital currencies
- Strategies for managing client funds held in digital currencies
- Mixed currency governance and treasury
- Accepting digital currencies for your services
- Estate planning and survivability of digital currency assets
We work to maximize value, providing need-to-know information in short, engaging, memorable sessions that range from one hour to multi-day, depending on your goals. Please contact us using the form below to learn more.
Pamela Morgan serves as Director of Education on the Board of Directors of the non-profit CryptoCurrency Certification Consortium.
Please note an attorney-client relationship is not created until we have a signed agreement. The views expressed on this site are subject to change based upon new information, new technology, considering new perspectives, or for no reason at all. Nothing on this site should be considered legal advice, each situation is unique, and therefore the only way to get great counsel is to consult directly and privately with a licensed attorney. If you need help finding an attorney in the U.S. contact the American Bar Association. If you need help finding an attorney outside of the U.S. contact us.